silence - [silence] Re: Re: John Cage and Politics - John Cage's opinion about politics

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: John Cage and Politics - John Cage's opinion about politics

  • From: Mode Admin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: John Cage and Politics - John Cage's opinion about politics
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:22:51 -0500

I agree with Andrew that this is an incredible text. I am surprised that, upon listening to it in recent years, that much of it sounds as if Cage could have written it today (if he were here, of course).

The recording on the Cage/Scheffer/Culver DVD "From Zero" is beautiful and moving from both an audio and visual standpoint – the visuals are from films made at Cage's Stony Point and 6th Avenue & 18th Street New York City surroundings.

Brian Brandt
mode records