silence - [silence] Re: Re: Re: Cage Fest in DC

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Re: Cage Fest in DC

  • From: "A. P. Crumlish" <>
  • To: Rod Stasick <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: Cage Fest in DC
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:13:40 -0400

While Georgetown isn't reachable by metro, you can connect for one dollar using the "circulater" bus. It is walkable from metro.

On Jul 23, 2012 5:15 PM, "Rod Stasick" <> wrote:
Hallo!

Thanks to everyone on and off the list who contacted me about this.
Actually, I just did just this with Google maps almost immediately
after asking. I was just hoping that someone else had already done
the work and maybe some time could've been saved.

Yes, it looks like nearly every program can be reached by the Metro.
I was surprised to find out that there is no Metro stop at Georgetown U,
but I soon found a short article as to why this was the case.
The American University location is a bit far northwest, but a Metro stop is
only about a mile away. I don't know if this region of DC is safe at night,
but all of those details can be attended to later if I really end up going.
It depends on whether I'll be in the US or not.

I hope it's a success! Every idea that I had concerning some well-known
European festival Cage celebration never panned out - even tho these ideas
were presented to some organizers and the Cage estate itself, there were never
any replies. For 10 years, I was thinking that *surely* Documenta 13 would have
a grand Cage party/exhibition - it would've been perfect for a highly regarded art
event that happens every 5 years - one that would just happen to fall on the year 2012,
but I couldn't  get any replies to this idea. Apparently they haven't planned any
that I can tell from their schedule. I may be able to research this in person,
but it looks rather grim.

Anyway, we have our own right here in the US.
Maybe I can document as much as possible and, afterward,
upload to my website for those who couldn't attend - we'll see...

thanks again to all who wrote!

Rod