silence - [silence] Cage, Unlocked - a live CD celebrating Cage's 100th Birthday

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Cage, Unlocked - a live CD celebrating Cage's 100th Birthday

  • From: Randy Gibson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Cage, Unlocked - a live CD celebrating Cage's 100th Birthday
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:18:00 -0400

Dear Silence List,

I'm writing to announce a special Live CD of John Cage's Music to be released on September 5, 2012.

The album features Sonatas and Interludes, Concert for Piano and Orchestra, and Ryoanji  recorded live at the 2012 Avant Music Festival in New York City.

More information and the album's Kickstarter can be found here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avantmedia/john-cage-at-100-a-live-cd - the video includes sections from all of the works on the album.

Performers include the marvelous Vicky Chow with 9 movements of the Sonatas and Interludes, and the ensemble loadbang joined by Chow and many others for Concert. The performance of Ryoanji was particularly special as a duet for voice and trombone (the incomparable Megan Schubert, and William Lang, respectively) I played the percussion part, and it's really one of my favorite Cage pieces.

We're very excited about this album, and wanted to share that excitement with all the Silencers out there as well.

Here's to celebrating Cage's centennial in a big way!

In Harmony,

Randy