silence - [silence] Re: Re: Re: expanding my library

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Re: expanding my library

  • From: Jared Steward <>
  • To: "Bruce, Neely" <>
  • Cc: Rob Haskins <>, Ralph Lichtensteiger <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: expanding my library
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:07:04 -0400

Wow, this is really great everyone! Thanks so much for your input.

This is off topic, but I remember when I was in college, I had listened to The Rite of Spring a few times and I still couldn't "get it". It didn't do anything for me. Then I heard it live by the Nashville Symphony and was blown away. It literally moved me to where I wanted to start jumping up and down! So I agree, digital works, but nothing can compare to LIVE.
Jared

Sent from my iPod

On Jun 25, 2011, at 7:46 AM, "Bruce, Neely"
<>
 wrote:

You can get an idea of these books by googling them, but there is no substitute for seeing them in the flesh.