silence - Re: [silence] Cheap Imitation (violin and piano)

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Cheap Imitation (violin and piano)

  • From: Rob Haskins <>
  • To: Mode Admin <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Cheap Imitation (violin and piano)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:43:25 -0500

Ah of course! How could I forget? The flutes are so beautiful in the arrangement.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 4:20 PM Mode Admin <> wrote:

Thank you, Tom!

BTW, I sent this email earlier in response to Rob Haskins' comment but it never appeared. Perhaps because I originally included the URL for the Mode release of Feldman's "Cheap Imitation" arrangement? So, here is what I sent earlier, without the URL (please just go to the Mode Records website and you will easily find the release):

Rob is mostly correct about Feldman's arrangement of "Cheap Imitation," which is for piano, flutes and glockenspiel. He made this as a gift to pianist Aki Takahashi, who made the premiere recording of the arrangement (as well as Cage's solo piano version) on Mode 327.

Brian Brandt