silence - Re: [silence] Lend me your thoughts

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Lend me your thoughts

  • From: Lê Quan Ninh <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Lend me your thoughts
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 14:30:59 +0000

Hello,
The « How » page is very useful, thank you.

I have been using IC (and TIC since it became available recently) for a very
long time. I use them mainly to interpret John Cage's pieces that require
random operations.
I also use IC and TIC for my own compositions sometimes since 2014 having
wanted to experiment with asking questions about all the parameters of a
piece that can be obtained by IC. I also wanted to check if using random
operations made one happy as John Cage said (at least, I read it somewhere).
And the answer is: yes!

On my site you can have a look on two scores made with chance operations
using IC :
Carbon-Based and Ondes et Particules
(https://www.lequanninh.net/documents/scores/)

All the best,