silence - [silence] Varispeed Collective "performs" "Empty Words"

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Varispeed Collective "performs" "Empty Words"

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Varispeed Collective "performs" "Empty Words"
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:31:02 -0600

Hello again,

Just wanted to mention this recording that’s set to come out this Sunday.

Not really convinced by its performance manner (to put it very mildly),
but you, of course, can decide by listening to a couple of excerpts here:

https://varispeedcollective.bandcamp.com/album/empty-words

Coincidentally, I was listening to the Wandelweiser ensemble version
of Part 1 just yesterday (which is quite good!) and it reminded me that
I need to finish my own version this year.

Rod

Now Playing:

‌Hermann Bohlen‌ - Gekaut!! (Bis es von alleine herunterläuft)

from:

‌Gekaut!! (Bis es von alleine herunterläuft) Hörspiel von Hermann Bohlen‌

  • [silence] Varispeed Collective "performs" "Empty Words", Rod Stasick, 01/14/2019