silence - [silence] Re: Re: Source of Cage Quote

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Source of Cage Quote

  • From: Rob Haskins <>
  • To: Ed Crooks <>
  • Cc: Daniel Wolf <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Source of Cage Quote
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:52:17 -0400

we really need a Cage Concordance. :) Someone should get right on that.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Ed Crooks <> wrote:
Like Rob, I couldn't find it in X. Although probably not the origin of the quotation, the dating of 1982 may refer to the appearance of the phrase in question on the sleeve of a 1982 experimental music compilation LP called 'An Afflicted Man's Musica Box' released by the label United Dairies and featuring tracks by artists including AMM. Images of sleeve at http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1137789

best,
Ed