silence - [silence] Re: Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...

  • From: Vitor Rua <>
  • To: Tim Ovens <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:08:00 +0100

nobody can perform 0`00``!!!

there is no "time" !!!

there is "before" and "after" you think you are going to perform a piece !

but how can you perform something that has no time? no duration?... there is no time to perform because 0`00``there have no duration so didn´t exist !

how can you produce "spontaneous sound" in no duration time?

if you create organized sound performing 0`00``you are performing it wrong !!!

nothing happens in 0 seconds because nothing can happen when there is no duration... if you perform sound organized its before or after the 0 seconds and that it´s not the piece...

sorry but i am very inclined to say to you that 0`00``its peraphs the best joke (and Art problem) cage invented !!

its good that cage did it to us staying here talking abd discussing what is music and art... and this is for shure one of the BEST CONCEPTUAL ART MUSIC EVER !! like the Duchamp urinol but goes further...

but:

1. its nor music
2. it can´t be performed

many thanks and regards