silence - Re: [silence] Mesostic software

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Mesostic software

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Mesostic software
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:27:19 -0600

Still kind of amazed by how much source text you need for something like this.
Five pages of text here that rewards with only one full name mesostic:

             reJoicing
               sAndhyas sandhyas sandhyas
       encoMpassing
               pEace
                 Sanskrit samdbi

             is Just
    just abOut to
  about to rolYwholyover
              aCts
            thE

I’ve noticed some repetition
of words that happen from the end of one line
to the beginning of the next. I’ve noticed that it
seems to happen when there’s a punctuation mark
(noticeably, a comma) in the text near the mesostring.

I’ll have to look at this in more detail later when I have more time to
use some texts that have already been used (by Cage, for instance).
If you have the time, that’s what I would recommend you do to “test”
what you’ve done. I like it and I see possibilities! Keep on keeping on...

Off to make the kitty food…

Rod

Now Playing:

‌John Cage‌ - Double Music (1941)

from:

‌Works for Percussion Vol. 1 (1935 - 1941)‌
Last.FM:

Mixcloud: