silence - Re: [silence] jc's birthday in NY??

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] jc's birthday in NY??

  • From: John Emr <>
  • To: daniel scandurra <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] jc's birthday in NY??
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 10:41:51 -0400

The sculpture garden at MoMA(free admission)was hosting a retrospective
concert series during the summer John died. I sat with John, Merce and their
friends in the VIP section a few times before John passed, and then again
every night until the series ended. It’s a lovely garden and whenever I go
there to chill, I think of his music and his animated character...

John Emr