silence - [silence] Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...

  • From: Vitor Rua <>
  • To: Vitor Rua <>
  • Cc: Matt Rogalsky <>,
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: 0'00" is a joke...
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:51:36 +0100

its not "peeing" !!! sorry!!! its picing ... i don´t know how you say when a animal do his necessities..  urine i mean... best regards
On 25 Oct 2011, at 20:27, Vitor Rua wrote:

Also in the score:
"The first performance was the writing of this manuscript"

i think all the composers can say that of any piece thay right... or no?...

we must see that when stockhausen said: "Play at the rythm of the universe" in his intuitive piece when he write that it was also probably the first performance (AND LAST) really true performance of that piece also...

how can someone play "at the rythm of the universe"?...

when a great trombone player ask stockhausen: Herr stockhausen: when do I know that i am playing at the rythm of the universe?"... the response of stock was: "I will tell you" !!!

so guys: don´t be so serious!!! even stock was funny!!!

of course that cage must be now laughing with all this people writing about this like Duchamp his probablu peeing on a sky urinol laughing about all the discussion he cause by puting a urinol on the gallery...

but do not mistake: I CONSIDER 0`00 ONE PF THE BEST CONCEPTUAL COMPOSITIONS EVER MADE BY ANY COMPOSER AND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT EVER WRITE BY SOMEONE !!! BUT A CONCEPTUAL piece !!!

and one conceptual piece that its not music... but paradoxical its a COMPOSITION FOR SURE !!

MANY THANKS
vítor rua