silence - [silence] Reading of Cage's "Writing Through Howl" and other Howling events

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Reading of Cage's "Writing Through Howl" and other Howling events

  • From: Marc Thorman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Reading of Cage's "Writing Through Howl" and other Howling events
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:15:37 -0300

Hi Silencers,

I will be reading Cage's set of nine mesostic poems that make up his "Writing Through Howl" this Tuesday at Theater80 at 8:00 PM. Cage's source text is of course Allen Ginsberg's most famous poem. The reading will be part of the annual HOWL! Festival in New York taking place over the month of September. The September 7 show is titled "The Beat Legacy in Words and Music" and includes a premiere of a film about Ginsberg by Ruth Du, and my own composition for two instrumental trios with a text by William Burroughs recited by Ginsberg in a recording he made for this composition. Rob Holman will also read. Click Schedule of Events at the site linked below for more information. Hope to see you there!

Marc

http://www.howlfestival.com/festival/calendar