silence - [silence] Time Bracket pieces

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Time Bracket pieces

  • From: Dionisis Boukouvalas <>
  • To: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Time Bracket pieces
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:52:39 +0300

I was chatting with fellow silencer and composer Rob Haskins, on the event of the completion of our collaboration composition "Winter Concords", about non-Cage pieces utilizing Time Brackets (ours is an example). We came up with the names of Christian Wolff, Marc Chan, James Tenney and Burkhard Schlothauer.
Could anyone add more names to the list (their compositions or not)?
Eventually, it would most interesting to compare the different uses of this technique by the different composers.