silence - Re: [silence] John Cage and storage

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

  • From: AHF <>
  • To: Dionysis Boukouvalas <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] John Cage and storage
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 14:44:41 +0000

The boxes contained mostly things that came in the mail advertising things to do with either music, or mushrooms, or the humanities. They were boxed as such, then sent to three different places (San Diego? Wesleyan? Northwestern?). Again, other people here will know which place took which category, and will have visited the archives and be able to tell you what is in them far better than my memory can provide

Rather than trivia, this was the capturing of ephemerata.  Things mailed (mostly — some may have arrived by hand or been given to him personally somewhere else), at a point in time, as filtered through other peoples' ideas of what John Cage would be interested in.

AC