silence - Re: [silence] early Ajemian recording of just four Sonatas & Interludes

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] early Ajemian recording of just four Sonatas & Interludes

  • From: Eric Theise <>
  • To: Rod Stasick <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] early Ajemian recording of just four Sonatas & Interludes
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:12:33 -0700

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 4:25 PM Rod Stasick <> wrote:
The recording that you’re looking for is apparently the Dial recording from the early 50s.
Tho, I don’t know how different it is than the CRI and later reissues that followed for the
next 50+ years on LPs and CDs.

WorldCat tells us that the Glenn G. Bartle Library at SUNY Binghamton (37 miles from Ithaca) has a copy of that LP. Something I read suggested that the LP has the complete Sonatas and Interludes so I thought Ann might be referring to an even earlier recording when she says "performances of just four of the pieces".

Eric