silence - [silence] Missing Silence Archives

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Missing Silence Archives

  • From: Joseph Zitt <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Missing Silence Archives
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 11:58:04 +0200

I'm trying to pull the Silence archives together to put them in what should be a more stable and accessible home, so that, ideally, searching the whole archive would be straightforward.

The archives through 2002, which had been at New Albion Records, are preserved on the Internet Archive at http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20030218181324/http://newalbion.com/artists/cagej/silence/

The archives after that have been at https://lists.virginia.edu/sympa/arc/silence/2022-02/
However, checking the site, I get errors for the archives through 2009.

Has anyone else been archiving them? Unfortunately, archive.org doesn't have them, but I'm hoping there's another way.

--
"Write what you dream. Shoot what you can. Edit what you have." -- Unknown