silence - Re: [silence] John Cage and Mycology

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] John Cage and Mycology

  • From: Thomas Moore <>
  • To: Louis Coppersmith <>, silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] John Cage and Mycology
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:34:54 -0400

Hi Louis — and copying to Silence.

It’s online here:
https://youtu.be/AV4IzabhupY

During the presentation, Andrew Culver was great about posting links to relevant things in the chat.

Best,
Tom

——

Thomas Moore
Director, Arts and Culture, Institutional Advancement, UMBC
Chair, Advisory Board, Catonsville Arts District
301-807-1369

UMBC was established upon the land of the Piscataway Conoy and Susquehannock peoples. Over time, citizens of many more Indigenous nations have come to reside in this region. We humbly offer our respects to all past, present, and future Indigenous people connected to this place.

Hi Tom, would you mind sending me a link to the YouTube recording of the talk once it is available?

Thanks!
Louis

This evening, Tuesday, June 1 at 7 pm, I’ll give a short talk (20’) on John Cage and his fascination with mycology. The talk will be presented via Zoom and will be open to the general public; it’ll later be available on YouTube. If you’re able to join, the login information is here:

Best,
Tom Moore

——

Thomas Moore
Director, Arts and Culture, Institutional Advancement, UMBC
Chair, Advisory Board, Catonsville Arts District
301-807-1369

<umbc-logo-sm.png>