silence - Re: [silence] Love, Icebox

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Love, Icebox

  • From: Thomas Moore <>
  • To: Rod Stasick <>, silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Love, Icebox
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 09:23:06 -0400

Rod, the content in Love, Icebox (the title of which gains meaning when one reads the first letter) contains letters written by John to Merce from 1942 to 1946, and is a very different sort of book than the Selected Letters. I’m not sure there’s any overlap in content between the two books, and Love, Icebox contains dozens of photos of letters, of their loft at 101 West 18, and of personal objects.

Best,
Tom Moore

——

Thomas Moore