silence - [silence] vexations refunds

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] vexations refunds

  • From: Eric Theise <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] vexations refunds
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 11:58:00 -0700

Derek Beaulieu's posted an image of the program for the famous Vexations concert organized by Cage in 1963.

https://twitter.com/derekbeaulieu/status/780146360792199168

I've never seen this before. I didn't realize that pianists repeated as often as they did–for better or worse, contemporary performances seem to involve many more players–and I also don't remember ever hearing about the punch clock and incentive plan!