silence - [silence] simultaneous performances

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] simultaneous performances

  • From: Bill Trigg <>
  • To: silence list <>
  • Subject: [silence] simultaneous performances
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:46:47 -0400

Hello, everyone!

I am wondering if there are specific pieces that can or can't be performed simultaneously.  I am particularly interested in combining a percussion piece, such as Six, with live electronics, perhaps one of the Variations or Child of Tree.  My recollection is that John didn't approve of just anything being performed simultaneously, but I don't recall any specifics.  Thank you in advance!

Bill Trigg