silence - [silence] Twenty Years of Silence

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Twenty Years of Silence

  • From: Joseph Zitt <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Twenty Years of Silence
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 00:23:27 -0500

As closely as I can tell from the archive at http://www.bendofbay.org/silence/Silences.html, the first post to the Silence mailing list was on 13 December 1994 -- twenty years ago today. I started it not because I knew a lot about John Cage, but because I wanted to learn more. And I've learned a lot from the wonderful posts and discussions here.

So thank you. And happy birthday.

--
"Write what you dream. Shoot what you can. Edit what you have." -- Unknown