silence - [silence] Re: RE: quote

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: RE: quote

  • From: Ed Crooks <>
  • To: Philip Thomas <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: RE: quote
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:44:19 +0100

Dear Philip,

In relation to the Freeman Etudes and Cage's later use of notation, there are several passages that might be what you are remembering in Kostelanetz's Conversing with Cage (2nd ed., Routledge, 2003), pp. 95-99, and in William Duckworth's interview with Cage in John Cage at Seventy-Five (edited by Duckworth and Richard Fleming, Bucknell University Press, 1989), pp. 24-25. Both might be worth checking.

all the best,
Ed

Dr Edward Crooks,
https://york.academia.edu/EdCrooks