silence - [silence] re: brent's memory of Ashley's visit

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] re: brent's memory of Ashley's visit

  • From: Larry Polansky <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] re: brent's memory of Ashley's visit
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:51:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yes, Christian and I brought him, and Brent's right, there were maybe 10 people in the audience, but a good 10 people. The performers were Bob and Jackie, and Tom (Hamilton). They did two pieces: Empire and Jackie's Au Pair. Irrespective of the size of the crowd, they gave an amazing performance. NWe made a beautiful recording of that night.

The next day, Bob was a guest in an undergraduate choral conducting class — I was worried that the class was a bit conservative, and about how it would go. Bob COMPLETELY charmed and fascinated a group of about 10 Dartmouth undergraduate singers, it was magical to watch that happen.
lp

Begin forwarded message: