silence - [silence] 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs

  • From: Randy Gibson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:17:00 -0400

Dear silencers,

I'm writing to introduce a very exciting new project my organization has built. This is an online, interactive realization of John Cage's wonderful 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs

Created by designer Oscar Henriquez and myself, we launched the site on John's birthday as a special tribute to his 100th year, and a living soundscore to the city of New York.

We invite you to browse around, listen, and go out to one or any of these 147 addresses and send us what you hear.

There is a big map of all 147 addresses living here: http://49waltzes.com/waltz-finder.php

and more about the project can be found here: http://49waltzes.com/about.php

I hope you enjoy,

Randy