silence - [silence] Re: the "quiet the mind" quote

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: the "quiet the mind" quote

  • From: "david kotlowy" <>
  • To: "SEM Ensemble" <>,
  • Subject: [silence] Re: the "quiet the mind" quote
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:04:15 +0930

Cage talks about this in Kostelanetz, R. Conversing With Cage (New York: Limelight Editions 1988) p.41, whenre it is taken from Kauffmann, Stanley, (moderator). “The Changing Audience for the Changing Arts / Panel”  In The Arts: Planing for Change. (New York: Associated Councils of the Arts, 1966)

David Kotlowy
South Australia