silence - [silence] RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Journal of the Society for American Music, new issue now available (fwd)

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Journal of the Society for American Music, new issue now available (fwd)

  • From: Richard Brown <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [silence] RE: ANNOUNCEMENT: Journal of the Society for American Music, new issue now available (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:17:57 -0800

Many thanks to Bob Kosovsky for noting this publication.

Some highlights include:

-Several new biographical details regarding Cage's early career in Los Angeles, including his interaction with Oskar Fischinger
-Details surrounding patent research Cage underwent for his father, John Cage Sr.
-A critical reexamination of the sources for Cage's essay, "The Future of Music: Credo" (ca. 1940)

Best,

Richard

Richard H Brown Jr