silence - [silence] The Great Learning

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] The Great Learning

  • From: Travis Weller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] The Great Learning
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:23:29 -0500

Apologies for this slightly off-topic post. Tom Bickley of the Cardew Choir suggested this this list might be a good place to find an answer to this question about Cornelius Cardew.

I'm searching for information on past full performances of Cardew's The Great Learning in the U.S. I'm particularly interested in performances that featured all 7 "paragraphs" (or movements) of the piece in close proximity to each other. So far, I haven't turned up anything. I'd appreciate any leads!

Thanks,
Travis Weller
Austin New Music Co-op