silence - [silence] A Classical KPFA Christmas

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

  • From: John Whiting <>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Subject: [silence] A Classical KPFA Christmas
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:52:01 +0000

A Classical KPFA  Christmas

When I joined the staff of the UC Berkeley Music Library in 1958, I was asked to put together a selection of appropriate music for the University Library'™s Christmas party. For a couple of delightful weeks I spent my spare time going through various record collections, including my own, and making a selection of Christmas music, ancient and modern, that avoided the usual war-horses. (Bing Crosby'™s lugubrious rendition of Silent Night was conspicuous by its absence.) Four years later at KPFA I put it up as miscellany to fill the odd gaps in the broadcast schedule during the Christmas season. And now it'™s on MY KPFA to share with the world.

John Whiting

ALTERNATIVELY:

Have a

Green Christmas!

Stan Freeberg lives again!

PNG image

  • [silence] A Classical KPFA Christmas, John Whiting, 12/04/2023