silence - Re: [silence] Unrealized works

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

  • From:
  • To: Dionysis Boukouvalas <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Unrealized works
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 15:21:55 -0400

On 2023-09-04 12:12, Dionysis Boukouvalas wrote:
Do we know how many works were commissioned from Cage but yet
unrealized at the time of his death? I am including works he had not
even begun working on (indeed: I am especially interested on them).

I think Josh Ronsen's site used to list them all. I don't see how to find them on the official Cage site. The NYPL catalog lists the ones they have in folders 1060 through 1086:

http://legacycatalog.nypl.org/search~S1?/cjpb+95-3/cjpb+++++95++++++3/1060%2C1100%2C1978%2CE/2browse/indexsort=-

--
Bob Kosovsky, Ph.D. -- Librarian, Rare Books and Manuscripts,
Music & Recorded Sound Division, The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts