silence - Re: [silence] SIlence for John

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] SIlence for John

  • From: John Whiting <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] SIlence for John
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 09:42:51 +0100

Wish I could be there; worked with John for years.

The Rest isn't Silence. . . it doesn't exist!   or, Spending an Age with Cage

My association with John Cage began on March 30, 1959 with a performance that went into the history books.

I used to video regularly at Cafe Oto. (See my KPFA Website, link below in my signature block.) Alas, I'm no longer easily mobile, and I'm too old and vulnerable to mix in the UK's maskless, careless environment.

John Whiting

Whiting’s Writings

KPFA: The birth of real radio in America

Thank you one and all! . . . to family and friends who changed my life.

Eric Mottram Audio Archive – Seminars and Lectures