silence - [silence] real time cartographic improvisations: east and west coast

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] real time cartographic improvisations: east and west coast

  • From: Eric Theise <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] real time cartographic improvisations: east and west coast
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:02:38 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'll apologize in advance for posting some news that's not Cagean. Some of you I know and would like to see; others I don't know but would like to meet.

I've just landed back in the US after four months in Europe, two months of which were spent as an International Resident at Hangar in Lisbon. While there I worked on software for manipulating projected digital maps in real time, and gave the performance "A Synesthete's Atlas" with cellist Helena Espvall. I have five similar performances in the not too distant future (+ more later in the year). East Coast Silencers, I invite you to attend shows in the Boston, New York, or DC areas. I'm excited and gratified that a concept that was perhaps dubious four months ago has fired the imaginations of collaborators and venues alike.

Eric

with saxophonist/flautist/composer Ken Field (23 Jun 2022; 7:30p) Free
Mass Audubon Magazine Beach Park Nature Center
668 Memorial Dr
Cambridge, MA
https://www.massaudubon.org/program-catalog/magazine-beach/84147-mass-audubon-presents-a-synesthete-s-atlas

with multi-instrumentalist Jim Ryan and drummer Darien Baiza (30 Jun 2022; 7:30p) $10-20
Rhizome DC
6950 Maple St NW
Washington, DC
https://www.rhizomedc.org/new-events/2022/6/30/erictheisejimryandarienbaiza

with composer/performer Carl Stone (15 Sep 2022; 8p) $20
Indexical
Tannery Arts Center, 1050 River St. #119
Santa Cruz, CA
https://www.indexical.org/events

  • [silence] real time cartographic improvisations: east and west coast, Eric Theise, 06/21/2022