silence - [silence] Online Exhibition on Cage, Mushrooms, and the Cage Archives at UC-Santa Cruz

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Online Exhibition on Cage, Mushrooms, and the Cage Archives at UC-Santa Cruz

  • From: David Patterson <>
  • To: Silence - John Cage List <>
  • Subject: [silence] Online Exhibition on Cage, Mushrooms, and the Cage Archives at UC-Santa Cruz
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 23:27:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hey, all!

I wanted to share with you the link to a new digital exhibit on Cage, Mushrooms, and the Cage Archives at UC-Santa Cruz. UCSC musicology doctoral candidate Joseph Finkel is the creator of this four-part exhibit. First and foremost, then, major waves of applause directed his way! Things like this don't just happen magically; someone has to do the WORK! So bravo, Joe!

Otherwise, here's the URL: "If I had to Live my Life Over Again, I would Be a Botanist": "If I had to live my life over again, I would be a botanist": John Cage’s Mycology Collection | A Digital Exhibit by Joseph Finkel

It's a really intriguing--and well-written!--investigation. (I myself couldn't write two sentences about Cage and mushrooms, so the exhibit was especially engaging and beneficial for me. Learned a TON.) In short: Recommended!  :D

--David P.

"If I had to Live my Life Over Again, I would Be a Botanist": "If I had ...

  • [silence] Online Exhibition on Cage, Mushrooms, and the Cage Archives at UC-Santa Cruz, David Patterson, 04/09/2021