silence - Re: [silence] fluxus question

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] fluxus question

  • From: Andre Chaudron <>
  • To: Dionysis Boukouvalas <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [silence] fluxus question
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 17:46:36 +0100

Hi Dionysis and others,
Michael Nyman mentions the 'Poem for Chairs.....' in his book Experimental Music on page 82-83 and also gives a description of it.
Warm regards,
André Chaudron

Op di 10 nov. 2020 14:51 schreef Dionysis Boukouvalas <>:
This is not Cage related, but I don't know where else to ask, and surely people here will know the answer, so here you have it!
Is there a (fluxus) piece asking from the performer to slowly and steadily drag a chair on the floor, as to create a continuous sound?
Looks like La Monte Young, but I could not find it.

Sign-up to my newsletter to receive videos and sound clips of my music, learn about upcoming events, releases etc: