silence - [silence] 108

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] 108

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] 108
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 13:52:11 -0500

Listening to one version of the birthday boy’s “108” today.
I’d been looking forward to seeing a live version of this
being performed on this date for over a decade,
but, alas, we have to either listen to a recorded version,
or create our own version (using 108 speakers arranged
around the house?) or just conceptualize the whole thing
in our mind’s eye. Let’s hope that we can enjoy a live
performance of 109a and/or 109b next year.

stay safe and don’t let your emotions overrule reasoning!

Rod

Now Playing:

‌John Cage:‌ 108
from: