silence - Re: [silence] Esther Ferrer

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Esther Ferrer

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Esther Ferrer
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:09:59 -0500

Sorry I missed the original post(s).
Was wondering the other day if
everyone was doing OK. I guess so.

On Jun 24, 2020, at 14:18, AHF <> wrote:

Hello Again,

Many of you replied and now I have several paths to Esther. Thank you all.

I am preparing an email to Esther and will let you all know when I hear back
from her.

And yes, John’s “Overpopulation and Art” takes words and direction Esther's
letter of 1992 (reproduced on the AHF site).

That letter had a strong positive effect on him as he limped through that
dying year. I should have pointed out that his request to her, which prompted
her marvelous reply, was “Does anarchy have a future?” He was asking things
like that that year, even to the point of wondering if he (and his work) had
a future. In retrospect this now seems sorrowful, but at the time I was so
engrossed in making what I believed to be important work whole, that I simply
overruled the darkness.

Andrew

*************
Now Playing:

‌Uncle Morey (Morey Amsterdam):‌ Three Little Pigs

‌from:
‌Uncle Morey's Mixed Up Stories for Smart Kids ‌

‌Last.FM:
https://www.last.fm/user/rostasi2 <https://www.last.fm/user/rostasi2>

Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/rostasi/ <https://www.mixcloud.com/rostasi/>