silence - Re: [silence] Variations VII score ?

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] Variations VII score ?

  • From: John Hails <>
  • To: Lê Quan Ninh <>
  • Cc: silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] Variations VII score ?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 11:54:58 +0100

Hi
David Miller addresses this in his article about the performance practice of the Variations series (American Music vol 27 no 1). There are two working drafts for a score, both in the EAT archives (the first one is also present in the NY public library for performing arts). I can copy across the relevant bit of text from Miller's article if that would be helpful!
The Variations have occupied me a bit over the years so it is always nice to hear someone else looking at them!
John