silence - Re: [silence] John Cage: Electronic Music For Piano

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

Re: [silence] John Cage: Electronic Music For Piano

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: Re: [silence] John Cage: Electronic Music For Piano
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:53:51 -0500

On Mar 21, 2018, at 09:22, Mode Admin <> wrote:

Mode Records will release Tania Chen's "Electronic Music for Piano" as individual tracks later this year or in 2019. The Omnivore release is a "mix" of the various composer tracks. The Mode release will be the same tracks but in their pure state. Two different approaches to the same recordings.

While we talking about Tania Chen, Mode also plans to release a studio recording of "Indeterminancy" with Tania, Stewart Lee (narrator) and Steve Beresford.

Brian Brandt
Mode Records

Thanks for this info. Just seeing this after a wonderful week(ish) in Knoxville at the Big Ears Festival again.
Good to know that individual tracks will be released.
The folks over at SubRosa promised individual downloadable tracks
for their recording of the Song Books, but after years of asking for them, I’m giving up on ever hearing them.

hope everyone is living creatively!

Rod

Now Playing:

‌Otomo Yoshihide, Axel Dörner, Sachiko M & Martin Brandlmayr‌ - Allurement 1

from:

‌Donaueschinger Musiktage 2005: Allurements of the Ellipsoid‌
Random Radio for Radio Marfa:

Last.FM: