silence - [silence] 2018 and beyond.... (cue the theremin)

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] 2018 and beyond.... (cue the theremin)

  • From:
  • To: silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] 2018 and beyond.... (cue the theremin)
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 15:00:00 -0600

It’s the New Year for some already - and it’s coming for others,
so I thought I’d wish all of you a good, creative 2018 despite
the nasty politics of the time. Probably because of this,
I’m finding that I’m immersing myself in such ridiculously
nearly unobtainable numbers of projects, that I surprise
myself with the sheer amount of things that I actually get done!
From 2017: finished ca. 275 (out of a projected 300) digital artworks,
completed lots of new audio works for myself and others, putting
together the radio show, eBay selling to lighten the load around here,
research, archiving, etc…

Much of the same for 2018: attaching new audio pieces to those
digital artworks (to ca. 2020); shifting more goods out the door from
around here; attempting to feature some sound/video/text excerpts
from the Jerry Hunt archive online and entertaining the idea of
creating 500 hour-long shows coinciding with each issue of The WIRE
magazine (to Oct, 2025 - this will take some impossible work).

Festivals, Installations, Eurotrips ...

GOALS! Nothing wrong with having them and nothing wrong with
attempting them unless one’s health declines as a result, I suppose.

Anyway, keep on keeping on folks - into the new year - onwards…

http:
//stasick. org

Now Playing:

‌Okkulte Stimmen - Mediale Musik‌ - Theodor Spoerri: Sprachstörungen Bei Psychosen (1963)

from:

‌Okkulte Stimmen - Mediale Musik [Disc 2]‌

Random Radio for Radio Marfa:
http:
//172.125.0.188:8000/listen.m3u