silence - [silence] Help with quote re I–VI

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Help with quote re I–VI

  • From: Rob Haskins <>
  • To: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Help with quote re I–VI
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:55:52 -0500

Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down a quote, possibly from I–VI. (I’ve checked once and can’t find it; I’m about to check again.)

“I used these lectures as a way of seeking out ideas—by the fact these syntactical phrases are colliding with each other, butting up against each other they’re giving birth to new ideas.”

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Best,
Rob
--
Rob Haskins, D.M.A., Ph.D.