silence - [silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anechoics and interviews

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anechoics and interviews

  • From: Semih Firincioglu <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anechoics and interviews
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 00:14:17 -0400

As far as I know, the person who told John that was a technician, not a doctor or a scientist. I had seen comments here and there that hearing the blood flow and the nervous system is not possible. Yet, whenever I get a hearing test I of course think of this and hear a very distant white noise-like something. My arteries seem to be OK. It may just be the assumption of the brain as long as it is wired to the eardrums and that, I think, still proves that there can be no silence.

Regarding John's stroke (40 some years after the chamber experience!): He had this habit of brewing some awful tasting, VERY strong tea and he had the stroke in the afternoon, while he was preparing tea before Cunningham's arrival from work. That's my very unscientific suspicion. That tea had given me palpitations at the age of 40.