silence - [silence] Cage and Feldman rarities to be performed in NYC

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Cage and Feldman rarities to be performed in NYC

  • From: Mode Admin <>
  • To: Silence List <>
  • Subject: [silence] Cage and Feldman rarities to be performed in NYC
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:15:03 +0200

We would like to invite you to a very special event of musical rarities – including 2 unpublished works – by John Cage and Morton Feldman, by way of Erik Satie. Performed by Aki Takahashi, who worked closely with both Cage and Feldman, and one of the great interpreters of Feldman's music.

These musicians will then record this program for Mode Records on the days following the concert.

Please let us know if you can join us for this concert and we will leave a ticket.

Best regards
Brian Brandt
mode records

MODE RECORDS presents

Aki Takahashi, piano

plays CAGE, FELDMAN interprets Cage, Cage interprets SATIE

with Margaret Lancaster, flutes & David Shively, percussion
(of Either/Or ensemble)

Tuesday, July 5 at 6 PM
Le Poisson Rouge

158 Bleecker St, New York, New York 10012

PROGRAM:
John CAGE/Morton FELDMAN: Cheap Imitation (unpublished arrangement by Feldman for Aki Takahashi, for piano, flute/piccolo and glockenspiel)
First New York performance in 28 years

John CAGE: Cheap Imitation for piano solo (based on Satie's Socrate)

interspersed with CAGE’s Satie related pieces:
Swinging
Perpetual Tango
+ New York premiere of the recently discovered All Sides of the Small Stone, for Erik Satie