silence - [silence] Re: Conversations With Post World War II Pioneers of Electronic Music

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Re: Conversations With Post World War II Pioneers of Electronic Music

  • From: Richard Friedman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Re: Conversations With Post World War II Pioneers of Electronic Music
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 13:51:33 -0800

The audio interviews are fascinating
Thanks for the pointer!

Podcast 1: Interview with Barry Truax
Podcast 2: Interview with Pierre Henri Marie Schaeffer
Podcast 3: Interview with Gustav Ciamaga
Podcast 4: Interview with Bill Buxton
Podcast 5: Interview with Hugh Davies
Podcast 6: Interview with Vladimir Ussachevsky
Podcast 7: Interview with Iannis Xenakis
Podcast 8: Interview with John Cage
Podcast 9: Interview with Jean-Claude Risset & Gerald Bennett
Podcast 10: Interview with Otto Luening
Podcast 11: Interview with Earle Brown
Podcast 12: Interview with Hubert Howe and Earle Brown
Podcast 13: Interview with Emmanuel Ghent
Podcast 14: Interview with Oskar Sala
Podcast 15: Interview with Karel Goeyvaerts
Podcast 16: Interview with François Bayle
Podcast 17: Interview with Karlheinz Stockhausen
Podcast 18: Interview with Gottfried Michael Koenig
Podcast 19: Interview with Peter Zinovieff
Podcast 20: Interview with Luciano Berio
Podcast 21: Interview with James Montgomery
Podcast 22: Interview with Bengt Hambraeus
Podcast 23: Interview with Desmond Briscoe

I've only listened to the Stockhausen so far.
"Treat every sound as you like to be treated yourself, and every other being...."
"We make music ... to connect with other places in the Universe."

Wonderful!   Made my day!
Thank you!
<R>