silence - [silence] Feldman and the 3-D Rothko Chapel stand-up

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Feldman and the 3-D Rothko Chapel stand-up

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] Feldman and the 3-D Rothko Chapel stand-up
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:13:24 -0500

Hello fellow goobers and raisinetes,

I hope it's alright to mention this here.
The Feldman forum has been gone for some time,
but most of us here seem to share some love for Feldman.

In the latest issue of Cabinet magazine that I received in the mail,
there's a fun, but curious, insert that allows you to take a reduced-sized
picture of the cover to Feldman's Columbia recording of "Rothko Chapel"
and "For Frank O'Hara" and, using fold lines on the back, create your own
stand-up recreation of the Chapel that you can display, for instance, on
your desk. You'll see a little graphic in the bottom right corner in the second
link below:

The cover:

The method:

The issue should hit the stands in the next few weeks, I believe.

hope everyone's having a good summer,

Rod

---
Now playing: Kevin Drumm - The Forthright Fool