silence - [silence] Mental Floss: 101 Masterpieces #47

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Mental Floss: 101 Masterpieces #47

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Mental Floss: 101 Masterpieces #47
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:56:57 -0500

Was just at lunch with my October issue of "Mental Floss"
and read a very nicely done article on John's 4' 33" work.
It doesn't appear to be up on their website yet. Apparently
the website gets updated sometime after the magazine
goes out to subscribers...but it IS available in a lot of
bookstores and magazine shops in the U.S. I'll keep an
eye out for it online these next few days and post a link.
The article and byline: THE SOUND OF SILENCE
In a world plagued by Muzak, John Cage needed to find
a quiet way to make a powerful statement. by Lucas Reilly

hope everyone has had a nice summer!

Rod

---
Now playing: Kenny Wheeler - Heyoke