silence - [silence] Newly Discovered John Cage Film US Premiere

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Newly Discovered John Cage Film US Premiere

  • From: Richard Brown <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Newly Discovered John Cage Film US Premiere
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:10:43 -0800

A quick announcement for those in the Southern California area:

During my dissertation research I discovered a film on sculptor Richard Lippold, edited by Cage according to chance procedures in 1956, and I'm happy to announce that, with the generous support of a National Film Preservation Grant and the assistance of Cindy Keefer at the Center for Visual Music in Los Angeles (www.centerforvisualmusic.org), the film will have its US premiere this Saturday in Los Angeles.

Don't fret East Coast Cage fans, we will soon be bringing the film to New York this winter - stay tuned for more details.

Best,

Richard

Richard H. Brown, Ph.D.
Lecturer, Music History