silence - [silence] Friday June 21: 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs and Make Music NY

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Friday June 21: 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs and Make Music NY

  • From: Randy Gibson <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [silence] Friday June 21: 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs and Make Music NY
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:42:53 -0400

Dear Silencers,

Many of you may already be aware of our digitlal realization of 49 Waltzes for The Five Boroughs at 49Waltzes.com

On Friday, June 21st, as part of Make Music New York, we will be hosting a city-wide waltz event for 49Waltzes.com. The goal is to document all 147 addresses and we need your help. Anyone with a smartphone, audio recorder, or camera can take part by visiting a site, uploading a field recording, and sharing the link with us. We will be updating the site live throughout the day giving a worldwide audience a glimpse into the city on the summer solstice.

The full map of addresses is here, and details about meetups and signing up are at 49waltzes.com/mmny

I hope you'll join us waltzing around the city on Friday.

Randy