silence - [silence] David Tudor recordings collected and released as box set

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] David Tudor recordings collected and released as box set

  • From: Rod Stasick <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [silence] David Tudor recordings collected and released as box set
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:22:01 -0500

http://tinyurl.com/cm6lafh

Great to see this happening!
I wonder how much music they have
of the Rainforest series? I have a favorite
recording of a live performance of Rainforest IV
that I made with binaural mics and a mini-disc player
(this was my mode of recording in those days).
It was a beautiful experience of walking - well over an hour
a couple of different times - thru the Rainforest setup
with all of the beautiful sounds. I'll have to transfer
that to a digital archive someday.

best to all,

---
Now playing: Jean Claude Risset & Max Matthews - Musique, Acoustique, Informatique I