silence - [silence] RE: Re: amplified toy pianos

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] RE: Re: amplified toy pianos

  • From: Dionysis Boukouvalas <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [silence] RE: Re: amplified toy pianos
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:18:06 +0300

Out of curiosity, how then is the piece assembled? Why no instructions are included?

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:09:01 -0400
Subject: [silence] Re: amplified toy pianos

Thanks to everyone who took the time to enlighten me about this piece.
I wondered if there was anything missing from the copy I have access to, but it seems not!

The event on September 8 is a Musicircus of sorts -- some great people involved and I'm looking forward to it. 7pm to 7am.

Among other pieces, we'll also be performing Mureau with David Tudor's Rainforest 3, à la Cage and Tudor 1972.

best,
Matt