silence - [silence] Cage Film Festival - San Francisco - Sept 22

Subject: Scholarly discussion of the music of John Cage.

[silence] Cage Film Festival - San Francisco - Sept 22

  • From: Richard Friedman <>
  • To: Silence <>
  • Subject: [silence] Cage Film Festival - San Francisco - Sept 22
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 13:17:34 -0700

from the Roxie Theater website http://roxie.com/events/details.cfm?eventid=2C3B8ECE-1143-DBB3-C6BB9C8BCC6539F5

Other Minds Film Festival: JOHN CAGE & FRIENDS
Other
            Minds Film Festival:JOHN CAGE & FRIENDS
Charisma, and plenty of it! You have a date with revolutionary composer John Cage at his 100th birthday celebration. Get close up to this thoughtful genius whose Zen-inspired proclamations should reawaken a few unused synapses. Rare films & videos, including the legendary 1966 E.A.T. (Experiments in Art & Technology) evenings at the NYC Armory, with Merce Cunningham, Robert Rauschenberg & David Tudor. Four all-different programs! Presented by OTHER MINDS; curated by filmmaker Peter Esmonde.

2pm Cage in His Time
I've Got a Secret: Cage performs 'Water Walk' (CBS, 1960)
New Music: Sounds and Voices (Michael Blackwood, 1971)
Aspects of a New Consciousness (Camera Three, 1969)

4pm Cage Media Mix
John Cage: Variations VII (E.A.T., 1966)
Robert Rauschenberg: Open Score (E.A.T., 1966)
David Tudor: Bandoneon! (E.A.T., 1966)

7:30pm Cage in Context
Composition in Blue (Fischinger, 1935)
John Cage: I Have Nothing To Say and I Am Saying It (Miller/Perlis, 1990)
John Cage: 19 Questions (Scheffer, 1992)

9:30pm Cage & Cunningham
Allegretto (Fischinger, 1936)
Cage/Cunningham (Caplan, 1991)

Buy a $30 day pass here!